Nathaniel (Nate) Lacktman is a partner and chair of the firm’s national Telemedicine & Digital Health Industry Team, and member of the Board of Directors of the American Telemedicine Association. He advises entrepreneurial health care providers and technology companies on business arrangements, compliance, and corporate matters in telemedicine, digital health, remote patient monitoring, and click-and-mortar services. Working with hospitals, health systems, providers, and start-ups to build telemedicine arrangements across the United States, his practice emphasizes strategic counseling, creative business modeling, and fresh approaches to realize clients' ambitious and innovative goals. For years, his skills have been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers (2013 – 2022).
Friday April 28, 2023
How to Build and Scale a Multistate DTC Telemedicine Company
- Choice of corporate entities, incorporation, the suite of key contracts
- Compensation, supervision, scope of practice, and distributed staffing models for doctors and non-physician clinicians
- Creating a valid doctor-patient relationship via telemedicine without an in-person exam
- Designing the patient-facing front end and rules for ecommerce, electronic signatures, and asynchronous online medical intake processes
- Laws and rules to expedite multistate expansion